In 1925, William Kask Sr. and his family purchased land along the Barnet Road and built what became known as Kask's Camp, where cabins were rented out to families working at the Barnet Mill. The family - William Kask Jr., Dave and Jack - went on to expand their business into a lumber and concrete supply company and in 1936, the company was named the Kask Brothers Building Supply Company. A lumber office was established on Curtis Street and the concrete plant was built at the former site of the cabin camp. To a large degree, the camp catered to Immigrants from Nordic countries who were active in the lumber trade. Many Finns felt at home in the camp, as the Kasks spoke Finnish and there were steam baths available.