George S. Vickers, a compositor with The British Columbian newspaper, was a prominent Burnaby resident who became involved with real estate during the boom prior to the First World War. In December 1910, The British Columbian reported that “Mr. Vickers has commenced to build a commodious residence on Fourth Avenue between 1st and 2nd streets.” This high quality Craftsman style bungalow, completed in 1911, was originally situated on one acre of property, which contained a large kitchen garden, an orchard of 40 trees of various types and houses and runs for chickens, ducks and turkeys. In 1919, the property was advertised for $5,000 and likely sold easily because of its location (three blocks from the electric streetcar line on Sixth Street), its many amenities and property improvements. Some of its selling points included its panelled living and dining room with 3-ply veneer, beamed ceilings and an open fireplace. Craftsman-style features include battered porch piers, unusual double bargeboards, triangular eave brackets and exposed purlins. The house survives in excellent original condition, with only minor alterations.