This house was originally built by Fraser Arm pioneer and postmaster Johnson Alfred Skinner (1864-1941) and his wife, Mary Emma Skinner (née Bailey, 1862-1929). Johnson, who was from Sussex, worked as a horticulturalist. This is an unusual variation on the Craftsman style, with a side gabled roof and a half-width front verandah. Local mason John Pickard completed the distinctive battered cobblestone masonry, including the foundation, chimney, verandah columns and the porte-cochère. The house was later occupied and remodeled by the Timms family.