In 1939, Mr. Kapoor Singh Siddoo purchased the eastern section of the former Barnet Mill site from the City of Burnaby and founded Kapoor Sawmills Ltd. The mill was struck by disaster in 1947 when a fire caused $500,000.00 in damage to the property. A smaller mill was rebuilt and was in operation until 1959. Mr. Siddoo, who had been considered to be one of the most influential men in Vancouver's East Indian Community, died in 1964. The mill site became inactive except for a sand and gravel storage area that was used by the Kask Brothers Company, and in 1972 the family sold the property to the Municipality of Burnaby who later turned it into the Barnet Marine Park.