This school was built to replace Kingsway East School, which became part of Burnaby South High School. Architects Bowman & Cullerne designed the school in 1924; additions were made in 1927. The school features a distinctive double-height gabled entrance, a broad hipped roof and an octagonal rooftop ventilator. The Windsor Street School was designed by the architectural firm of Bowman & Cullerne, who specialized in school design. The firm’s projects include Seaforth School (1922, now relocated to Burnaby Village Museum), Burnaby North High School (1923), and Nelson Avenue School (1927).