Subsequent work at Ocean View was designed by local architects Sharp & Thompson through the 1950s, including the stone-faced Garden Chapel, built in 1936 as a replica of a Norman church. Prominent stone gates also replaced the original gates at the corner entrance. George Sharp (1880-1974) and Charles Thompson (1878-1961) formed Vancouver’s longest surviving architectural firm in 1908. They were born, educated and articled in London, before arriving in Vancouver via different routes. In 1912, the firm won the competition for the new University of British Columbia.