This church was built to serve a 500-home subdivision known as Willingdon Heights–Canada’s largest single veteran’s housing project created by the Central Mortgage and Housing Corporation and constructed by the Whitsell Construction Company in 1948. The church building was designed as a simplified Gothic Revival church with a tall front tower and Gothic pointed-arch stained glass window and entrance. This church was designed by Vancouver architects Twizell & Twizell. Both Robert Twizell (1875-1964) and younger brother George Twizell (1885-1957) articled at Newcastle, England’s Hicks & Charlewood before arriving in Vancouver in late 1907 or early 1908, with George working for Robert until they established a partnership a few years later. Their firm lasted for nearly half a century and was well known for its numerous church designs.