This house was built by Thomas Davis Coldicutt (1879-1970) and Margaret Jane Coldicutt, pre-eminent local citizens. Thomas Coldicutt was born in Birmingham and arrived in Canada in 1900, finding success in the steamboat industry. In 1902, he married Margaret Jane Styler who had been born in Redditch, Worcester, England, and in 1908 they settled in East Burnaby–some of the first pioneers to the area–and established a fruit farm. Thomas had a successful real estate, insurance and brokerage business, and was elected as a councillor for East Burnaby in 1909. He was also active in civic, political and social circles in Burnaby and became president of the Burnaby Board of Trade. "East Burnaby is booming and the signs of prosperity that may be seen on every hand. Most of these are substantial dwellings, such as effect a permanent improvement to the countryside. Among those whose homes have been completed, or on the point of completion may be mentioned. Councillor Coldicutt, who has built himself a habitation on Second Avenue at a cost of $4,000. (The British Columbian, 1911). In 1913, Coldicutt sold his original farm described as “the show place of Burnaby” to the Burnaby School Board for the development of Second Street School and this house was moved from Second Street and Sixteenth Avenue to this site. It has been extensively altered, but retains its original form, scale and massing.