St. Albans Anglican Church is one of the landmarks of the historic Edmonds district, and has many ties to its neighbourhood history and prominent families of Burnaby. The site was purchased in June 1907 and presented to the congregation by Mr. Walter James Walker that August. Walker, a real estate developer and former Surrey Reeve, donated money for the construction of a number of Anglican churches, including three in North Surrey in 1910. Construction on St. Albans began in November 1908 by contractors Wright & Tucker, and was completed in March 1909. The first vicar was Rev. D. Dunlop, who was also the rector of St. Mary’s in Sapperton. Pre-eminent Vancouver architects Dalton & Eveleigh provided the design. William Dalton (1854-1931) and Sydney Eveleigh (1879-1947) formed their partnership circa 1902, and the firm was highly regarded for the high quality of its commercial and institutional buildings.