This home was built by Captain William J. Eyres. In 1912, it was reported in The British Columbian: “Captain Eyres of Seattle is remodelling the front of his house on Douglas Road and otherwise improving it.” The house was later sold to William A. Mawhinney, who subsequently built houses at 6011 Buckingham Avenue and 7616 Burris Avenue. This spacious, high-quality Craftsman bungalow remains in excellent condition. It features a cross-gabled roof with multiple half-timbered front gables with large exposed purlins, in contrast to the shingle cladding on the rest of the house. At the front corner is a glazed sun-room. The entrance porch features tripled square columns. The property still has a beautiful garden, but once included large vegetable gardens, an orchard, and a large chicken house.